|Numer of Experience (Year)||7 years||Location||Phnom Penh|
|Sex||Male / Female||Language||English-- Good|
|Age||Public Date||7 September, 2020|
|Close Date||7 October, 2020||Maritals||Married/Signle|
The role of Senior Structural Design Engineer is to ensure the structure design withstand stresses and pressure imposed through environmental and human use without any deflect, rotate, vibrate excessively or collapse. The individual must also prepare reports and work with architects, urban planners and other professionals.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Give direction to Structural Designer/Engineer
• When assigned as a Group Leader, give directions to all Structural Design Group members
• Preparing reports, designs and drawings
• Reviewing drawings and conducting Case Analysis via ETABS
• Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
• Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations
• Involve in the investigation and survey of build sites to determine the suitability of the earth for the requirements of the upcoming project.
• Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
• Co-ordinate and consult with other members of their projects, including engineers, environmental scientists, architects and landscape architects.
• Organize and deliver materials and equipment for the needs of the construction project.
• Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
• Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
• Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
• Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
• Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
• Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
• Liaise with government authorities in their own inspections relating to the project.
• Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or other related field.
• Proven track record with 7 year experience in Building Construction Field.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Be confident, assertive and independent.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skill in English.
• Diagrammatic skills and the ability to teamwork
• Relationship building and people management skill.
• Good interpersonal skill in English and necessary languages and attention to detail.
• Have a good enough experience and knowledge of architectural structural regulation in Singapore, and/or Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Malaysia, etc.
• Have attitude with passion to learn and apply Cambodian architectural structural regulation.
• Computer skills: electronic mark-up software, word processing, excel spread sheet, database, AutoCAD, ETABS, SAP 2000, Revit
• Understand CMEDCC Management philosophy.
• Local consideration.